PLEASE NOTE Wearing a Mask at CHECK IN to Protect Staff and Younger Pool Members is optional for 2022.
The Garrett Park Swimming Pool is a place for members and guests to relax and enjoy swimming, picnicking, sand volleyball, and more with family and friends. Ensuring the safety of everyone in the facility is of the utmost importance, and it is the primary job of the Manager, Assistant Manager, lifeguards, and desk attendants. Please report all injuries on the grounds to the Manager on Duty immediately.
GPSPA Staff enforce the following rules. All members and guests shall obey any instructions from staff, and show them proper respect and cooperation at all times. Any issue not specifically addressed in these rules is left to the discretion of the Manager on Duty
Please note the following general rules:
- The Manager on Duty reserves the right to refuse admittance into the facility when the capacity of the pool has been reached or when otherwise deemed necessary for the health, welfare or safety of the patrons.
- Entry to the facility is prohibited to anyone with an open wound or contagious disease (e.g. athlete’s foot, ringworm). The staff may bar questionable cases from entering.
- Members are welcome to bring guests, but they must accompany their guests at all times, and are responsible for the fees and conduct of their guests.
- Before entering any pool, every member and guest must be attired in swimwear and take a soap shower. This includes if you are coming from the volleyball court/sandbox. Soap showers are a mandatory health department requirement.
- Members and guests, especially when hosting parties at the pool, are responsible for cleaning up their belongings, and putting trash and recyclables in the proper receptacles. Picnic tables and grills should be cleaned thoroughly each time they are used.
- At 9pm (8pm during school), the pool grounds close and all members and guests must have left the gates. Cleaning up picnic areas, gathering belongings, showering all must be complete prior to that time. Lifeguards whistle to close the pools close 10 minutes before the premises are locked for the night.
- Children under age 8 must be supervised by an adult/guardian present on pool grounds.
- Only children under 6 may use the baby pool. Any child using the baby pool must have a parent/guardians inside the fenced enclosure.
- Non-toilet trained children must wear tight-fitting rubber pants over a disposable or cloth diaper. This is a mandatory county health department requirement.
- Any child relying on water wings, a life jacket, or other such “floatie” must have an adult within arms’ reach at all times.
- Children under age 8 must take the GPSPA swim test in order to swim without a parent/guardian within arms’ reach.
The following is prohibited at GPSPA:
- No smoking, vaping, or possession/use of illegal drugs.
- No use of any device containing recording equipment of any kind, including but not limited to, cell phones, cameras, video cameras, or drones, in/around the bathhouses.
- No one under the age of 21 may consume alcohol. The Manager on Duty reserves the right to ask members to discontinue use of alcoholic beverages.
- No running, pushing, or playing rough/hazardous games.
- No swimming underwater for an extended period of time.
- No diving in the shallow end of either pool. In the play pool, a floating rope marks the boundary of the shallow end.
- No use of squirt guns, super soakers, or hard balls (e.g. footballs, soccer, baseball and volleyballs). Floats and soft balls are permitted at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty. Small toys may be used in the baby pool only.
- No hanging on marker or lane ropes in either pool.
- No glass containers or glassware allowed.
- No food, drink or street shoes on pool decks.
Distracting staff from their duties, talking back, and/or arguing with GPSPA staff are serious infractions and may be grounds for immediate suspension of pool privileges at the discretion of the Manager on Duty. Serious or repeat infractions may result in suspension for longer than one day or termination of membership. Such decisions are made by the Manager and the GPSPA Board of Directors.