The GPSPA board manages pool rules to ensure the Garrett Park Swimming Pool is operated in a healthy and safe manner. The rules are meant to help provide an enjoyable environment for all our members. All members and their guests are responsible for knowing and obeying the rules.
- Since 2016, GPSPA has contracted with a pool management company to provide management services for our facility. In 2023, the GPSPA board signed a contract with Georgetown Aquatics to provide the management and operating staff responsible for enforcing the rules. Children and adults are expected to always respect and cooperate with staff.
- Talking back/arguing with staff and distracting lifeguards from their duties are serious infractions and may be grounds for suspension of pool privileges.
- The staff may caution or—when necessary—suspend pool privileges from anyone violating rules. In addition, the manager on duty may impose suspensions for the day a violation occurs at their discretion. Depending on the severity of the violation, the GPSPA Board of Directors may take other actions, such as longer suspensions or termination of membership.
- Concerns about lifeguards or staff must be addressed to the manager on duty first, and if questions/concerns remain, the GPSPA Board of Directors.
- Any issue not explicitly addressed by the rules in this document is left to the discretion of the manager on duty.
- Taking a soap shower before entering a pool is a MANDATORY county health department requirement.
- Always wash feet and legs after playing on the volleyball court or in the sandbox before entering a pool.
- No member or guest shall enter pool grounds with a contagious disease or with an open wound or sore. This includes athlete’s foot, ringworm, colds, etc. The staff may bar questionable cases.
- NON-TOILET TRAINED CHILDREN MUST BE CLOTHED IN DIAPERS AND TIGHT-FITTING RUBBER PANTS. This is extremely important and a county health department regulation.
Children Under 8